We offer digital and vinyl mastering from our well respected mastering engineer Jon Doe who saw his first production being cut to vinyl in 1995 and continued to sit in on vinyl cuts for years to come. As technology changed with new and exciting ways to compress and EQ, Jon has developed a four stage visual, as well as a sonic process, to ensure well balanced results every time.
• Important: Pre-masters are to be sent without any compression, EQ, or limiting plugs on the master output channel prior to exporting/bouncing the track from your DAW. Please leave at least -7dB of headroom volume on your master channel when you export/bounce down your pre-master. Heavy limiting will result in less headroom for mastering. Peaks cut off by limiting can never be restored in the mastering process thus affecting output quality greatly.
• How Should I Prepare My Tracks For Mastering? When exporting/bouncing your pre-mastered tracks from your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), please export to 24-bit Interleaved WAV stereo or AIFF, and please turn your dithering off.
• Track Titles? Please ensure that you name your tracks/projects properly.
• What Levels Should My Mix Have? Please take care to ensure that the peaks of your mix do not exceed -3dBFS, and that your peaks do not reach 0dBFS as this is where clipping can occur. Please also make sure that you switch off any processing plugins on your master channel. This includes EQ’s, Vintage Warmers, Compressors, and Limiters. We have all the equipment necessary for this and you do not need to process your premaster prior to sending it for mastering.
• How do I order? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your needs. Payment can be made through bank transfer or PayPal.
• How long will it take? The average turnover time is 5 working days, although this time period fluctuates dependent on quantity of work at that moment in time.
• Please make sure that you’re completely 100% confident with your mixdown before you send your track to be mastered. If your kicks are too loud, or your hats are too high, then the mastering will enhance this. PLEASE make sure your mixdowns are done to the best of your ability and that you’re satisfied before sending. There will be an additional fee if mixdowns need to be altered post mastering and sent to be re-mastered.